Ingredients and materials for Kadima Cooks: S’mores Bars!
Monday, June 22 at 11 AM.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 stick unsalted butter, plus more for greasing, at room temperature
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/3 cups flour
- 1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Heaping 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Heaping 1/3 cup mini marshmallows
Materials and considerations:
- Oven at 350* F
- 8×8 baking dish, buttered
- Hand mixer (can also be done by hand or stand mixer)
- Large bowl for mixing
- Additional bowl for prep
- Oven mitts or someone to transfer dish to and from oven
- Safe surface for cooling the hot dish
*The Kadima Cooks series is open to all ages, but skills and materials will be geared toward elementary-age participants and require minimal hands-on parental support (for example, placing and removing items in the oven).