Ingredients and materials for Kadima Cooks: Raspberry Chocolate Chip Muffins!
Monday, July 6 at 11 AM.
(You can substitute any berry or leave them out for chocolate chip muffins )
2.5 Cups Flour
1 tsp Baking Soda
2 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Salt
1 Cup Plain Yogurt
1/2 Cup Vegetable Oil
3/4 Cup Sugar
1 Cup Fresh or Frozen Raspberries
1/2 Cup Chocolate Chips
1. Preheat Oven to 375 degrees
2. Line muffin tin with paper liners or grease with cooking spray
3. Add flour and baking soda to medium bowl
4. Whisk baking powder and salt into flour mixture. Set Aside.
5. Crack egg into large bowl. Whisk egg until smooth.
6. Add yogurt and oil to the egg.
7. Add sugar to egg mixture. Whisk until combined.
8. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients. Stir until just combined . Do not overmix.
9. Add raspberries and chocolate chips. Gently stir into batter.
10. Scoop batter into muffin tin. Fully fill muffin cups, dividing the batter equally between them.
11. Bake 20-24 minutes, until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
TASTE & SHARE
NO BAKE NUTELLA BARS – (something to do while the other muffins are baking)
1 sleeve graham crackers – crushed
1/2 Cup butter melted
1 Cup Powdered Sugar
1/2 Cup Nutella
1.5 Cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Line 8X8 pan with foil and grease pan.
2. Mix together crushed graham crackers, melted butter, powdered sugar and Nutella
3. Melt semi-sweet chocolate chips in microwave (30 seconds at a time)
4. Spread over the bars
5. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
*The Kadima Cooks series is open to all ages, but skills and materials will be geared toward elementary-age participants and require minimal hands-on parental support (for example, placing and removing items in the oven).